Our family has a Christmas-break tradition. Over the past 5 years or so, every winter-break, we work together a create a video new-year’s card. And of course, we made one this year as well. As you can imagine, coming up with original ideas has become increasingly harder, and the set-ups increasingly complicated. What has not changed is just how fun they are to make. Take a look at the video below, and let us know if you think we managed to pull it off this year as well…
Have an out-standing 2013!
From Shreya, Soham, Smita & Punya
Just to let you know, these videos always have a few common elements. First, they are usually stop-motion videos (though this year is an exception). Second, they are always typographic in nature, having some kind of play with words and their representation. Third, they are usually animations of inanimate objects, synchronized to music, rarely, if ever, including us (or any other humans). Finally, we try to sneak in some kind of an “Aha!” moment— something that surprises the viewer in a nice kind of way.
Speaking of videos made in the past, you can see them by following the links below:
- Did you catch that? Last year’s stop motion card
- The Power of the Shadow (Stop motion cared made in 2010)
- Happy 2010 (stop motion card made in 2009)
- Happy 2009 (stop motion card made in 2008)
- Explore | Create | Share (3 short videos with typographical twists at the end)
- Finding Nemo, the sea-quel (a stop motion sequel to Finding Nemo)
- Taking on Kaplan: A commercial mashup
- or, view my video channel on Vimeo (including the great Hari Puttar Trailer and the Socha Hai music vide0).