The latest in our series Rethinking Technology and Creativity in the 21st Century is now available. The article was co-authored with Aman Yadav of Purdue University (and the Deep-Play Research Group) and focuses on the art and science of computational thinking. We offer a slightly broader frame for thinking about computational thinking, a frame that includes artistic creativity.
Here is a link to the full article
Mishra, P., Yadav, A., & the Deep-Play Research Group (2013). Of Art and Algorithms. Tech Trends, (57) 3. p. 10-14.
This article continues the series of papers that the group has been writing. Here is a complete list
- Creativity, TPACK & Trans-disciplinary learning for the 21st century (With Mishra, Koehler, & Henriksen)
- Crayons are the future (Mishra)
- On being (in)disciplined (Mishra, Fahnoe & Henriksen).
- Creativity, self-directed learning, and the architecture of technology rich environments. (Mishra, Laura Terry, Henriksen)
- Square peg, round hole, good engineering (Mishra, Colin Terry, Henriksen)